Thursday, June 13, 2019

Readings at SoonerCon 28

Authors, Reading--Part One


I'm apparently weird, but I enjoy going to readings. I attended a lot of them at SoonerCon 28, and thought you might enjoy seeing the photos I took of the authors. You may have heard of some or all of them.

SoonerCon 28 tried to group their readings thematically--but sometimes the authors didn't get the memo, so we had kind of a nice smorgasbord. I hope you enjoy this series of posts. Wherever I could, I've linked the authors' names to their websites and/or books, so you can learn more about any who interest you.


Author Brian Trent poses with a copy of his science fiction book Ten Thousand Thunders, before reading an excerpt from it.
Marguerite Reed, author of Archangel and many shorter works, shares an excerpt from a new short story at her reading. Fellow author Brian Trent listens in the background.

Susan P. Sinor reads from her alternate history novel, The Hunt for the Red Cardinal, while her co-author-husband Bradley H. Sinor listens.
Author David Carrico reads his short story, "The Hair of the Dog", set in the alternate universe of Eric Flint's 1632 Series.

Dennis McDonald reads from his short fiction “Moon and Shadow,” from the magazine Morpheus Tales.

These weren't the only readings I attended at SoonerCon 28. I'll profile more authors in future posts.

IMAGE CREDITS: Many thanks to SoonerCon 28, and artist Matt Frank, for the header image. All other photos were taken by me at SoonerCon 28, June 7-9, 2019, with the express permission of the persons being photographed. If you wish to reblog or use them, please include an attribution to Jan S. Gephardt as the photographer, and if possible provide a link back to this post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment