Wednesday, September 19, 2018

FenCon Ho!

Headed for Texas
Ty and I are on the road once more.This time we're set for the Westin DFW Airport Hotel in Irving, TX, and FenCon XV. It's a new convention for us, but we hope to make new friends and meet up with some familiar faces. If you're in the area, I hope to see you there! Please note: events on the schedule have been updated since this post was originally published. Please check the online FenCon schedule to make sure you have the most current version!



My Schedule 
Click the links for more details about these panels!
Friday September 21
4:00-5:00 p.m. (Chinaberry Room) – Women Heroes in a Male-Dominated World
5:00-6:00 p.m. (Chinaberry Room) – The Sexes . . . . in Space!
6:30-7:00 p.m. (Pecan Room) – Reading (see below!)
Saturday September 22
12:00-1:00 p.m. (Irving Lecture Hall) – We Can Make Them Faster Stronger … and Better!
1:00-2:00 p.m. (Chinaberry Room) – Yesterday’s Tomorrow

My Reading
As I did at Worldcon, I've created a postcard about my reading at FenCon. I'll read an excerpt (or two?) from my soon-to-be published novel, What's Bred in the Bone. 


I don't yet have finished cover art from Jody A. Lee, but she sent me a color comp that gives a pretty good idea how the finished project will look. It illustrates a scene from around the middle of the novel, when Rex and LSA Shiva Shimon, an agent from the Station Bureau of Investigation, venture into the infamous underworld neighborhood known as the Five-Ten.


What's Bred in the Bone is the first novel of an in-the-works trilogy about XK9 Officer Rex Dieter-Nell, his partner Detective Charlie Morgan, his mate XK9 Officer Shady Jacob-Belle, and their Packmates and friends on Rana Habitat Space Station. Look for it this winter. Subscribe to my newsletter for updates and exclusive extras!

My Artwork in the FenConXV Art Show! 
I laid all my artwork out on a measured-off box on my living room floor--and I think I can squeeze it all in! I'm taking an example of every current piece of paper sculpture in my collection to the FenCon Art Show. Don't miss:
The Art Show Reception at 8:00 p.m. Friday at the Gallery
The Art and Charity Auction at 6:00 Saturday in the Irving Lecture Hall
Note: you can still buy art on Sunday morning.

This was my display panel at Westercon 71/MALCon 6. Most of these designs will be available at the FenCon Art Show.

IMAGES: Many thanks to FenCon XV for their website header/logo! The color comp for my soon-to-be cover is by Jody A. Lee, and is used by agreement. I took the photo of my own Westercon 71/MALCon 6 display. You may reblog or re-post it with my blessings, as long as you include an attribution and an link back to this post. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment