Saturday, September 15, 2018

Are you ergonomic?

Artdog Image of Interest 



One of my issues, recently, has been finding ways to make my workplace more ergonomically sound. I just finished a multi-week push to finish a novel manuscript. It involved long hours of concentrated effort on my laptop, and toward the end I began to experience small amounts of pain that presaged a repetitive stress injury if I didn't watch myself!

In response, I've changed some work habits, begun doing some exercises and taking more frequent breaks. My body's put me on notice. Members of my husband's family have had much more severe carpal tunnel injuries, so I know what I'm risking if I don't take ongoing steps.

Since I've been doing this research, I thought I might as well share. How much does your workplace resemble this poster?

IMAGE: Many thanks for this graphic, to the Environmental Safety and Health webpage of University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Here's to better workplaces for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment