Friday, June 22, 2018

Surprise Encounter

The Artdog Image of Interest

Surprise Encounter (2015-2018), a one-of-a-kind original mixed media paper sculpture by Jan S. Gephardt.

This is my newest fantasy paper sculpture, titled Surprise Encounter (2015-2018). I'll be showing it in public for the first time at the SoonerCon 27 Art Show, June 22-24, 2018.

It features two of my favorite fantasy creatures, dragons. As in all of the Gemflower Series, they are tiny dragons, but still quite fierce! Their iridescent wings and bodies consist of several layers, including touches of interference metallic acrylic paint on the scales and feathers of the uppermost layer. The flower, based on a Gerbera daisy, has four layers of petals. The image area of the sculpture is approximately 8 X 9 X 0.375 inches.

IMAGE: I took this photo of my original paper sculpture, Surprise Encounter. Feel free to re-post this image, as long as you include the information that it's artwork by Jan S. Gephardt, and link back to this page. Note: I apologize that the photo has a shadow of me in it! I had to work on a very tight time frame this week getting ready for the convention, and--well, this photo is better than nothing, I hope! I'm working on developing a better system.

No comments:

Post a Comment