Friday, June 29, 2018

Kansas City represents, at SoonerCon 27

The Artdog Image(s) of Interest 
I hope you can endure one more post about SoonerCon 27, held June 22-24, 2018 in Midwest City, OK. This one's about Kansas City artists at SoonerCon 27.


At left is my SoonerCon 27 Art Show display; at right is my friend Rachael Mayo, another Kansas City-based artist who specializes in dragons. One of hers, titled Shadowgorge 4, very deservedly won a Peer Choice Nucleon Award in the Professional Artist category. She came in second to John Picacio, which is not doing badly at all.

Rachael and I weren't the only Kansas City artists in the SoonerCon Art Show, however. Fellow Kansas Citian Allison Stein filled several panels with her small, one-of-a kind mixed-media artworks featuring quirky animals with attitude.

Also present but not exhibiting work in the Art Show were Kansas City author/artists Sherri Dean and James Hollaman.

IMAGES: Both photos in this post were taken by me (Jan S. Gephardt); in the case of Rachael's photo, with her permission and cooperation (I asked her to smile. This is what she gave me. Twice. "That is my happy face," she said). If you wish to reblog or re-post these images, please attribute both me and Rachael, and include a link back to this post, if possible. Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment