Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Forward momentum on publishing efforts

It's kinda like being pregnant. Except it takes longer

Cover art © 2019 by Jody A. Lee
No matter how much people tell you your life will change after the baby is born, you can never really "get it," until after you've become a parent.

There's this divide between "before baby" and "after baby" that can never be crossed in reverse. On the far side of that Rubicon is Terra Incognita (dragons optional) that you'll never understand till you get there.

If my publishing efforts turn out as well as my kids did, I'm good. However, right at this moment the "contractions" have set in, but the results haven't finished coming into the world, yet.

The manuscript for What's Bred in the Bone is finished and edited and mostly formatted in Vellum.

The gorgeous cover by Jody A. Lee is finished.

The ISBNs are acquired. I've mostly nailed down the barcode resource, I think. I'm prepared to register my copyright. I keep struggling to get my emailing list up and running, but if you've tried to sign up for it you know I'm not there yet. Soon! I promise!

And also, because my life isn't busy enough, my sister Gigi Sherrell Norwood and I have pooled our resources to create Weird Sisters Publishing LLC. We plan to publish my books, her books, re-publish her late husband Warren C. Norwood's books, and possibly publish work by others, too (but not yet).


The Weird Sisters Facebook Page went live Wednesday. The website's coming. It all needs to be done at once, preferably yesterday. But at least we're on our way.

IMAGES: The cover art for What's Bred in the Bone is © 2019 by Jody A. Lee, and is used here with permission. The design work for both the cover and the Weird Sisters Publishing banner are by Jan S. Gephardt.

No comments:

Post a Comment