Saturday, October 10, 2015

Artdog Image of Interest:Faith in Humanity--and in Police

I used to tell my students, "I did not go into teaching so I could oppress students!" (Although some of them acted as if they thought I was only there to make their lives onerous).

Likewise, in my experience, people don't normally go into police work so they can oppress, beat up, racially profile, or kill others. They go into that line of work to help people. Indeed, for many it is a calling to community service.


The next time you read or hear a story about officers who fell short of the ideal--remind yourself that most are not like that.

IMAGE: Many thanks to the K9s4Cops Facebook page, for this image. To learn more about K9s4Cops and its mission, please go to their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment