Friday, August 10, 2018

Badly shaken

The Artdog Image(s) of Interest

Embed from Getty Images
I'm trying a new thing! Getty Images has allowed non-commercial blogs such as this one to embed short slide shows of their images, legally, for free.

I've been watching the news, and have been concerned about all the damage, injuries, and deaths that resulted from the recent earthquake in Lombok, Indonesia. I was particularly struck by the terror worshipers at a mosque must have felt when their roof began to cave in.

Where is Lombok? It's in the middle of the Lesser Sunda Islands. If you're interested in making a disaster relief donation to help these folks, one trustworthy agency I've been able to find is GlobalGiving's Indonesia Earthquake Relief Fund.

Lombok has been leveled. (Photo courtesy of GlobalGiving).

It sometimes seems to me that August is the Disaster Month. Last week I featured a "fire tornado" from northern California. This week I thought I'd share an image from Indonesia. Thanks to Getty Images, I'm able to share five, plus a bonus image from GlobalGiving.

IMAGES: Many, many thanks to Getty Images and their Slideshow Embed function for these images. I deeply appreciate the amazing photographic work of Ulet Ifansasti. I also want to thank GlobalGiving for the other photo from Lombok.

No comments:

Post a Comment