Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The writing process

Everyone who wants to write will eventually develop his or her individual way of writing, but if you've embarked on that effort it's guaranteed you'll also discover lots of ways that don't work for you! It's all part of the creative process. Keep trying. And consider these thoughts:









I've dedicated the majority of my posts this month to writers and writing. November is Na-No-Wri-Mo (National Novel Writing Month), when writers all over the world are moving heaven and earth (or not) to carve out time to write a cumulative total of 50,000 words.

My life is currently in enough upheaval that I knew I couldn't compete at that level, but I'd like to provide a small cheering section for those who can. Best wishes to all of you!

IMAGES: I'm grateful to Now Novel (and to Barbara Kingsolver) for the quote and image about writing for oneself. Also to Authors Publish and Freedom With Writing for the image and quote from Neil Gaiman. Many, many thanks to the wonderful Debbie Ridpath Ohi, for her "Will Write For Chocolate" cartoons, including this one. And finally, I appreciate the image and quote from Beth Revis, as presented by Freedom With Writing. You're all inspiring! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment