Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Where have I been?

I apologize for the "radio silence" in this blog-space since the end of June. There just simply hasn't been enough time to do everything, as I prepared for two major sf conventions. I showed new artwork, and was scheduled for numerous panels.

My art display at NorthAmeriCon '17.

First came SoonerCon 26 in Midwest City, OK (metro Oklahoma City); then, less than two weeks later (time that included a lovely visit with a houseguest over the 4th of July weekend), came NorthAmeriCon '17, the North American Science Fiction Convention (NASFiC) in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I strongly believe that people who come to my programming items deserve for me to be well-prepared and organized. It makes for much more in-depth and interesting conversations, if all panelists have done their homework beforehand! I plan to turn my notes from some of those discussions into blog posts in the future.

My "Who is Mary Sue?" panel brought us together for a lively conversation. L-R, Johnathan Brazee, Jan S. Gephardt, Paula Smith (yes, she who coined the phrase!), and Mike Substelny.

Also, since Sunday afternoon, I've been taking full advantage of my short time window to see all I can of Puer
to Rico--or at least San Juan--while I'm here. You'll see pictures from those adventures, too!

But for just a little longer, a tropical wonderland awaits. I'll get back to you!

IMAGES: the photo of my artwork display is by me. The photo of the panel was taken on my phone, by an obliging member of the audience. Either may be re-posted online, as long as you include a link back and an attribution to this blog post. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment