Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tied together

The Artdog Quote of the Week

I ran across this quote in a column by Michael Gerson, who quoted one of my favorite modern philosophers:


Our country--indeed, our world--seems riven by factions, divided into mutually hostile camps. Yet I dare to hope that many of us retain enough of our grip on reality to remember this.

Amongst all the shouting and all the fear-mongering, please hold tight to this idea. We are all inescapably tied in a "single garment of destiny"--and thus "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be."

Humanity becomes inhumanity when we turn on each other. Let's not, okay?

IMAGE: Many thanks to Sendable Quotes for this image. And even more thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for saying it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment