Thursday, March 8, 2018

So, I wrote this book . . . the saga continues.

Anyone who's been reading this blog periodically may have stumbled onto a mention or three about the science fiction novel I've been working on.


To be fair, it's a science fiction universe I've been creating, the physical setting and milieu for a whole series of novels. Any blog posts I've written about future trends, such as last year's series on automation, the DIY Space Station series, first responders, and/or police K-9s, MWDs, or service animals, all have been directly inspired by research aimed at making my fictional world seem more real.


The book's still not published, so, no: this is not a sales pitch. It's more like an update. After the 2016 post that marked the end of an early draft, it went through a series of editorial reviews by professionals I trust, as well as a lot of beta-readers' reviews (note: beta-readers are kind of like beta testers, only for books).


And it underwent lots and lots (and lots and lots) of revisions. As far as the comments from my various critique resources have been going, it apparently continues to improve. I recently sent it off for what I hope is a final round of critiques. Considering the sequel's now almost finished, I'm hopeful I can offer more substantive updates here soon.

IMAGES: Many thanks to the ever-witty Tom Gauld, via Pinterest, for the "Jealous of my Jetpack" picture, to Roxanne Smolen's Instagram Page for the illustrated Phyllis Whitney quote, and to Kathy R. Jeffords for the "2nd Draft Won't Kill You" design and thought.

1 comment: