Thursday, September 7, 2017

Visual thoughts on disasters

This is one of those days when pictures shout louder than words ever could.

Damage from Hurricane Harvey could require years of cleanup. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

Western states in flames (KHQ-NBC Q6)

I think I recognize this road in San Juan, from my trip there in July! Good luck, my friends!! (Alvin Baez/Reuters)
A final thought.

For your consideration: Prayers for the victims, local first responders, volunteers, and trained disaster responders are always helpful (if you believe in their power, which I do). But don't stop there!
America's Charities Disaster Recovery Fund-Hurricane Harvey 
Wildfire relief efforts in Washington state 
Charity Navigator Hurricane Irma
The American Red Cross
ASPCA Disaster Response

IMAGES: Many thanks to The Washington Examiner, AP Photos, and photographer David J. Phillip for the photo of Freddi Ochoa in his Houston, TX front yard. I also appreciate the vivid map from KHQ in in Spokane, WA, showing all the fires wreaking havoc in the Northwestern US on the day before I wrote this post. I especially thank ABC News, photographer Alvin Baez, and Reuters, for the horrifying photo from San Juan, PR. And I appreciate ShareQuotes4You and meetville.com for the Mollie Marti quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment