Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Re-visioning" My "Teaching Tolerance" Posts

Teaching Tolerance logo
Sometimes it's not a bad idea to return to an idea you've previously explored.

As some of my readers may remember, I have become one of the regular bloggers for the Teaching Tolerance blog. Teaching Tolerance is a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center, and I am delighted to be associated with this excellent organization. 

My agreement with Teaching Tolerance allows me to re-post pieces that originally were posted on their site, after a certain period of time has passed. It occurred to me that doing so would give me an opportunity not only to share my thoughts with a different audience, but also to add photos, which their format does not allow.

Thus, over the next few months I intend to devote one post a month to a slightly "re-visioned" story or essay that originally appeared on the Teaching Tolerance Blog. As I do there, I will not use people's real names, but the stories I relate are true. I hope you'll find them interesting!

IMAGE CREDIT: The image for the Teaching Tolerance logo is from fellow educator Gary’s “Follow your Bliss” blog: http://followingyourbliss.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaching-tolerance.html

No comments:

Post a Comment